Monday, June 24, 2013

Lonely little petunia

Well, purple poppy, actually. Andy said none of them came up last year. I seem to remember Grandma Vi singing that song "I'm a lonely little petunia in an onion patch" with us. I forget what the flowers (yet to blossom) that surround our little poppy are.



Another heat wave is upon us, which means I've already been out for my occasional toddle (I'd say daily but that would be a lie) since it was "only" 85 @ 9AM - heading up to the mid-90s today & tomorrow. Yesterday it topped 90 something. Blech.

On the bright side I just discovered what looks to be a lovely free mystery knit along on Ravelry. Starting Aug. 3 when the seemingly unending nightmare that is Wellesley chamber assignments this year will be well & truly over.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The second day of Christmas

The Young People's Chorus of New York City singing the 12 days of Christmas, and Jingle Bells