Tuesday, November 10, 2020

Basquiat: Writing the future

 27.Sept. and 04.Nov.2020 the MFA zoomed an exploration of their exhibition on Basquiat and his contemporaries. Here are some screenshots I took.

I used to think I liked the idea of Basquiat more than the fact of him, but seeing this presentation put him in context of what else was going on at the time. It was weird, since I lived in NYC in the '80s to hear it spoken of as history.

The last two images is of the MFA's Murals Project.  Though they mention a book with a map, I couldn't find any references. The last one took my breath away after I stumbled upon it on the way home from an MD appt. a while ago.




































No comments:

Post a Comment

The second day of Christmas

The Young People's Chorus of New York City singing the 12 days of Christmas, and Jingle Bells