Tuesday, September 21, 2021

Sadie, sadie married lady

 Maybe since I'm now among the Sadies, I'm more sensitive to the issues, but when I read the following from Virginia Woolfe's The Voyage Out, I wondered, do I do that?

When two people have been married for years they seem to become unconscious of each other's bodily presence so that they move as if alone, speak aloud things which they do not expect to be answered, and in general seem to experience all the comfort of solitude without its loneliness. The joint lives of Ridley and Helen had arrived at this stage of community, and it was often necessary for one or the other to recall with an effort whether a thing had been said or only thought, shared or dreamt in private.

Though I don't think I'll be getting pregnant.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The second day of Christmas

The Young People's Chorus of New York City singing the 12 days of Christmas, and Jingle Bells