Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Favorite art

Thought I'd pass along some pix of some of my favorite artists that I took & the Met Museum on 5/11/2010: Puvis de Chavanne, a couple Bonnards & a Repin (Russian artist http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ilya_Repin.


Supposedly drier humidity-wise today but still getting up into the 80s F. Heading off soon for the Cambridge grocery run. Then I suppose I should do laundry today since it's supposed to rain tomorrow & I finally took the flannel sheets off the bed last night.

Speaking of summer, Andy promises to get into the ground the white dahlia bulb I recently brought home from Pemberton Farms. Can't wait to see what it looks like (not least because the last time I bought a dahlia bulb it turned out to be a completely different color than promised). Also bought some moonflower seeds not realizing it's a vine & grows apparently to 15 feet with blossoms 6 inches wide! They're supposed to smell nice @ night, and in the absence of night-scented stock, which seeds I got from somewhere eons ago & have never seen since, I'm hoping they will be a good substitute.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The second day of Christmas

The Young People's Chorus of New York City singing the 12 days of Christmas, and Jingle Bells