Monday, July 4, 2011

My sentiments exactly or A carrot is not a work of art


As I sit in front of a fan (the rotating, not the applauding kind) in the coolest room in the house with dew-point @ 70F & temps in the mid-80s, looking up references to Blake's anti-dualism vis à vis the human & the divine & links to Chinese painter/philosopher Shitao's ideas of painting & man's place in nature, which endeavors were inspired by a recent Sunday Times Magazine article on American artist Peter Nadin, this shot, taken on 29.June.2011 outside the MFA whither I was bound to catch some photos from the Chihuli glass exhibition & their Bresdin/Redon show (photos to follow @ some later date) sums up my sentiments exactly.



With a sentence like that methinks I've been translating a wee bit too much Russian (working @ present on a translation of the Russian-language intro to a catalog of Vrubel's work (a favorite of mine who's recently bubbled back up in my consciousness) that I was lucky enough to find recently).

No comments:

Post a Comment

The second day of Christmas

The Young People's Chorus of New York City singing the 12 days of Christmas, and Jingle Bells