Thursday, April 23, 2020

Aesthetic movement

I love this period. And visited these galleries for the first time on my January 2020 trip to visit Margi & Michael. Can't say I remember seeing these pieces. At the very least it's worth watching for the discussion on the Tiffany opal pendant.



I'm so grateful for museums offering these great chances to see pretty things in their collections even when they're closed. Gonna go now to see if there are more "Curator's Cuts" in my inbox. There are several related videos on the web page below the one that this video is on.

The Richter one looks especially promising, especially since it's unlikely many folks will see it given its March-July 2020 calendar. :| This one's pretty much just a gallery tour without any discussion/explanation. They did their best to show some of the brushwork but I really wish I could see the things in person. The show must be at the soon-to-be-abandonded-by-the-Met Breuer bldg.



There are some pieces of his at Harvard's Fogg gallery, too. Sad to say none seem to be on display. Guess it wouldn't matter anyway these days.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The second day of Christmas

The Young People's Chorus of New York City singing the 12 days of Christmas, and Jingle Bells