Thursday, October 22, 2020

Making of the Met

 Here's a ~11 min. video touring one of the current shows @ the Met Museum in NYC. Eye opening to me is the section on 19th century French art. They certainly have Louisine Havemeyer to thank. Here's a list of pieces in the Met's collection attributed to here.

Glimpsing those galleries highlighting material acquired during the centennial in 1970 made me especially sad those galleries were closed when I was there in January. Seems a lifetime ago. Wonder when I'll get back there.

 And here are some screenshots I gathered to wet your whistle (yes, not whet). The quilt is Faith Ringgold's Street Story Quilt.  







Just for giggles, here's their (one of my favorites) Clyfford Still collection. You have to imagine these pieces being at least 6 feet tall and many more feet wide. Au revoir, old friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The second day of Christmas

The Young People's Chorus of New York City singing the 12 days of Christmas, and Jingle Bells