Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Made for goodness and a heart beating with love

I very much enjoyed Krista Tippett's recent interview with Desmond Tutu. This part of their exchange particularly struck me:

. . . Hope says, hey, things can, things will, be better because God has intended for it to be so. You know? At no point will evil and injustice and oppression and all of the negative things have the last word.

And, yes, I mean, there's no question about the reality of evil, of injustice, of suffering, but at the center of this existence is a heart beating with love. You know, that you and I and all of us are incredible. I mean, we really are remarkable things that we are, as a matter of fact, made for goodness. And it's not just a smart aleck thing to say; it's just a fact. Because all of us, even when we have degenerated, know, know — I mean, that the wrong isn't what we should be, isn't what we should be doing. We're fantastic. I mean, we really are amazing.

Made for goodness and a heart beating with love. Something to remember as we face each day. The entire interview, either in podcast or transcript is here.

Pictures today from 24.Aug.2011.


No comments:

Post a Comment

The second day of Christmas

The Young People's Chorus of New York City singing the 12 days of Christmas, and Jingle Bells