Sunday, November 4, 2012

MOMA day deux & Rilke

Pix today of some of my faves @ MOMA - Odilon Redon, Kurt Schwitters & Marcel Duchamp.

I also wanted to share some poetry from Rilke - but I find that I've already done that (see esp. the one about the ringing bell). I recommend that you take time if you haven't before to listen to that interview or read the transcript* of "A wild love for the world," conducted by Krista Tippett with "the philosopher of ecology Joanna Macy [and] a translator, of the poetry of Rainer Maria Rilke," since Ms. Macy talks about the earth's being an extension of ourselves and the importance of its husbandry.

Wishing you happiness in all your days.

Schwitters Revolving 1919



Must be a Schwitters but can't find the reference - notice the kitties



Detail from the above - I think it's a lion

Odilon Redon. Butterflies - 1910
 * Though hearing Ms. Macy read the poetry is a real treat.


No comments:

Post a Comment

The second day of Christmas

The Young People's Chorus of New York City singing the 12 days of Christmas, and Jingle Bells