Saturday, April 21, 2018

Vienna 2018-03-04 Lower Belvedere final

The last photos from the lower Belvedere, including photos of people essentially watching TV (video installations) of the Aging Pride exhibition. Also some photos I took on the tram on my way back to the apartment including the Rathaus (City Hall), spires of the university (University of Vienna?) that I'd pass every time on the way back, and a roof that caught my eye.

That Sunday evening I took a tram ride to a chamber presentation of Debussy's Pelleas and Melisande (smaller orchestra, minimally staged). I thought the show started @ 7:30PM & got to the nieghborhood more than 30 minutes early, so was just wandering around until I decided, "Hell's toot, I'll just go to the hall," around 7. As I was giving the coat check lady my coat she told me the show started in 3 minutes. I had just enough time to convince the lady sitting in my aisle seat that she was in the wrong "platz," when they closed the doors. Had I been just a few minutes later, I'd have been SOL since it was a 2 hour show without intermission & they didn't seat people once the program started. With the lovely singing in French and the German super-titles I more or less knew what was going on, though I'm not sure why toward the end P & M stripped down to their underwear. Oh, those Viennese.




Done the year Schiele died.










I think this is the Rathaus.


University spires?






No comments:

Post a Comment

The second day of Christmas

The Young People's Chorus of New York City singing the 12 days of Christmas, and Jingle Bells