Thursday, November 18, 2010

In memorium: Snitch

A sad day here for us. Snitch was such a wonderful companion - almost like a dog the way she always wanted to be where her people were. No more the scratching @ the bathroom door to be let in in the morning. No more that wonderful resonant purr. No more the puss sleeping on the schmata covering my pillows, visiting me while I knit, demanding attention, attention that I'm now so happy that I most often gave, no more the 5PM on the dot reminding that she was ready for dinner. So sad picking up her food bowls for the last time. The pain so fresh and rawly felt. Struggling with "Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened." I find myself doing both. At the same time.






No comments:

Post a Comment

The second day of Christmas

The Young People's Chorus of New York City singing the 12 days of Christmas, and Jingle Bells