Sunday, October 21, 2012

19.Jan.2012

Pix today from my first full day in NYC in January. I walked downtown from Margi & Michael's apt. on 116th St. to the Met Museum @ 83rd so the first shots are of the park. Then on my way to the clearance sale room took some pix of some Egyptian (?) statues & after scooping up some goodies, walked through the Temple of Dendur (a place I don't usually visit) to the lovely rooms in the American Painting & Sculpture rooms where I snapped a picture of Augustus Saint-Gaudens (whom I'm sure would have been my boyfriend had I lived @ the time) painted by Kenyon Cox and a wonderful painting by Edwin Austin Abbey (another of whose works, Pavane, graces the rooms of the American Renaissance @ the MFA. And, turns out, whose kewlest work, The Quest for the Holy Grail is at the Boston Public Library, free for all to see).

Beautiful day here - mid-60s for a high. Toddling later to the local Flat Black to pick up the trifecta - organic, fair-trade, shade-grown coffee beans.


San Remo towers

With flash

Without flash

Boy without flash

Kitty conference @ the Temple







No comments:

Post a Comment

The second day of Christmas

The Young People's Chorus of New York City singing the 12 days of Christmas, and Jingle Bells