Thursday, May 12, 2016

2016-03-01: more Tel Aviv 20th century gallery pix

Some new artists (at least to moi) and unusual examples of Hodler, & Picasso.


Albert Gleizes




Don't know that I would have guessed Picasso.


Though this is a typical Leger. Can you see the clown?



Odd sort of Archipenko - a combo painting/sculpture. Didn't know
he was considered an American artist.


This Archipenko is more 2D.




Amédée Ozenfant. Another new one for me,
and first I've heard of the Purism movement.


Kinda wild & crazy for Hodler. What I'm familiar
with from the Basel Kunstmuseum are like this.


Vordemberge-Gildewart. Another new one for me, but I do love de 
Stijl. Schwitters & Arp. All of which/whom he was associated
with.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The second day of Christmas

The Young People's Chorus of New York City singing the 12 days of Christmas, and Jingle Bells