Monday, March 12, 2018

Vienna 2018-03-01

Pix from my first full day in Vienna at the Leopold Museum. I've tried to get some close-ups to show the brushwork and some photos with people in them so you can get an idea how big some of the paintings are. If you're interested in seeing non-reduced-file-size versions (which should show the brushwork, etc., better when you click on the image to see the full-size), they're here. (If they don't seem to appear, click on the "Date uploaded" link below my Flickr name.)

The Klee at the bottom was the first of the WOW! The Heidi Horten Collection exhibition. By the time I made my way up there, I'd already been at the museum for several hours, had a concert to go to that evening, so decided I'd save the rest for another visit. The first few photos (before the Alex Katz) are from the Vienna 1900 show.








To give you a sense of the size














This was in the main entry hall

behind the scenes in the museum

Again for scale











This dried rose seemed to be a thing in 1912

Another detail








These ravens also appeared in a Breugel winter scene
that Jan's friend, Carlo, introduced me to the day before at the Kunst Historisches Museum.



Another driec rose in a 1912 work










A very early work










I love his cityscapes







If you can't read this, ask me & I'll transcribe it.







Talk about WOW.









Another behind the scenes shot








More 1912 dried roses





This from the Heidi Horten Collection, too.



I love Klee. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

The second day of Christmas

The Young People's Chorus of New York City singing the 12 days of Christmas, and Jingle Bells