Sunday, September 19, 2010

Mother nature and Lawrence

Here are some shots from the first day of my trip to WI in June to visit sibs & for my 35th (yikes) college reunion. Get a load of the color of our rental car.
What's wrong with the picture of the balloon?

The Midwest sign is no more - the airline's now Frontier - with every name change I grow less enchanted with the company and will probably cash in my frequent flyer miles next trip & thereafter shop for the cheapest fare.






Here is a poem from Rilke's Book of Hours as quoted on Krista Tippet's first installment of On Being (formerly Speaking of Faith) A Wild love for the World - http://being.publicradio.org/programs/2010/wild-love-for-world/transcript.shtml - I'm looking forward to reading the whole transcript.

Dear darkening ground,
you've endured so patiently the walls we built,
please give the cities one more hour

and the churches and cloisters two.
And those that labor — let their toils
still hold them for another five hours, or seven,

before that hour of inconceivable terror
when you take back your name
from all things.

Just give me a little more time!
I just need a little more time.
Because I am going to love the things
as no one has thought to love them,
until they're real and worthy of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The second day of Christmas

The Young People's Chorus of New York City singing the 12 days of Christmas, and Jingle Bells