Saturday, January 9, 2010

Blessed symmetry?

This house is anything but symmetrical, but I think it's beautiful. 20F with a "feels like" of 9F - maybe I'll postpone my walk today until we more closely match today's projected high of 23 (woo hoo). :) A wonderful day of doing only what I want - which has to include practicing, tackling the box(es) o' stuff next to the desk - gotta get all that paperwork into the computer before tax time, & of course stitching. I'm working my way through The Celluloid Closet <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Celluloid_Closet> on Netflix now. An interesting exploration of scenes from Hollywood movies and their interpretation from a non-hetero point of view. Still working my way through Wolf Hall, the Henry VIII story through the eyes of Thomas Cromwell. One complaint - the author always uses "he" when talking about Cromwell, which is very confusing when she's describing a scene with more than one male in it or depicting a conversation between two men because often not clear to me which "he" she is referring to.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The second day of Christmas

The Young People's Chorus of New York City singing the 12 days of Christmas, and Jingle Bells