Thursday, January 7, 2010

Major facade

Heading out soon for an Alexander lesson - then to the grocery shopping I was supposed to do yest. afternoon & totally forgot. Or maybe I'll decided to forgo the pleasure & just wait until the weekend when I schlep out anyway for the papers. Not much to practice for the Melrose concert. We're doing two pieces with a koto (sort of a Japanese cross between a marimba & a banjo) player, which should be interesting but the orchestral parts are minimal. As is his wont, the conductor is totally ignoring the "ma non troppo" part of the Allegro ma non troppo indication for the first movement, but the part is nonetheless pretty manageable - I'll never know why we have to play tempi that even professional orchestras aren't asked to do - is it because the strings can't sustain the melody otherwise? So, thus proving the point, I kvetch when I don't get work & kvetch when I have it. :|

No comments:

Post a Comment

The second day of Christmas

The Young People's Chorus of New York City singing the 12 days of Christmas, and Jingle Bells