Monday, April 5, 2010

Morning frost

This from 29.Jan.2010. Certainly no frost on the window this AM with temps near 50F soon after 7AM. Melrose rehearsal tonight.

I'd been kicking around the idea of going to Anaheim this August for the National Flute Convention there since two former BSO flutists are being given lifetime achievement awards & a concert dedicated to Bob Aiken's music (I studied with him in Banff one summer sometime before God) is on the schedule. I awoke this AM to the news of the earthquakes in the Baja peninsula, CA, so now am glad I didn't go ahead & buy all the reservations yesterday (having decided to "sleep on it" as was dad's wont). Will mostly likely stay home & save the $1K+ the trip would have cost.

Have also been thinking about my religion/marriage rant of a few days ago. If everyone just up & walked to find a denomination that supported marriage equality, there would be no hope of any denomination's ever changing its views. I realize that certain flavors of Christianity at least are run more or less as dictatorships, so there's probably no hope for change there, but with several others, the Episcopal and Quaker among them, I imagine there is some hope of progress. I still think the church has no place in deciding the legitimacy for legal purposes of a couple's relationship. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homosexuality_and_Quakerism

So, off to a day of tootling, toddling & stitching.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The second day of Christmas

The Young People's Chorus of New York City singing the 12 days of Christmas, and Jingle Bells