Thursday, April 22, 2010

On the lookout

These from 07.Mar.2010. Heading out in only a few minutes to Alexander lesson & lunch with a flutist friend from out of town.

Happy to say the performance last night could have been worse. Thank goodness for whistle tones - at least my sound was OK even if the fingers tended to have a mind of their own. I'd been kicking around the idea of approaching the New School, where the concert was, to teach there again - after having done so for a few years when I moved here. Initially the head of the place asked me to send her my resume (after ascertaining that I was OK with teaching kids, which the flutist on the faculty now apparently refuses to do). After putting my bio in the program & hearing the concert she said "just send me your availability." So it looks like I might have some new "Ranck beginners" in my future. Not to mention a place to give recitals again.

Still dealing with last-minute additions to the roster @ Wellesley. I hope I can get the OK from my boss soon to begin the arduous task of getting them all into groups!

No comments:

Post a Comment

The second day of Christmas

The Young People's Chorus of New York City singing the 12 days of Christmas, and Jingle Bells