Thursday, November 5, 2009

Martians in disguise & what would you do?


Well, I headed out this AM @ 8:15 via subway for my 9:15AM appt. with
the dentist to fit my night guard (a repeat visit since when I showed
up last week he wanted to redo it). When I arrived @ 9:05 & finally
got to the check-in @ 9:10, the receptionist told me she'd "tried to
call" to tell me that the dentist "wasn't happy with the case" and
wanted to reschedule my appt. (When I got home, the time stamp on the
msg. was 8:20AM.) I told her I couldn't be coming in every week for an
appt & I first asked to see the MD & when she said "Take a seat," I
suggested we reschedule and then said "On second thought, I'll call
you." WHY I didn't say "have him call ME when the thing's ready" I
don't know. They charge for missed appts. with less than 24 hours'
notice - how do I charge HIM for giving me less than an HOUR'S notice
re rescheduling, causing me to waste 2 hours in transit time plus
subway fare two days before I have a concert? At this point I'm just
going to wait for them to call - and would like to arrange the next
meeting when I'm there for a cleaning in a few months, but by then my
teeth might have moved more & the guard . . . well you get the
picture. Who loses in this case? ME. Grrr.

Any way, on a lighter note - do you ever wonder whether we're
surrounded by Martians in disguise?

No comments:

Post a Comment

The second day of Christmas

The Young People's Chorus of New York City singing the 12 days of Christmas, and Jingle Bells