Sunday, November 22, 2009

Christmas colors


Well, the stores are doing it (pushing Christmas already) so why not moi? Anyway this photo is from late October. I was by the house the other day & the red is all gone. Ou sont les feuilles d'antan?* I will go near no more grocery stores until after Thurs. The local one was already a madhouse before 8AM this morning! Lovely sunny day here. 47F with a forecast high of 50. No wind yet. So much for weather forecasters.

Some tootling & stitching in my future today (& maybe some library vacuuming) - I'm working on that horrendous The (French for tea - for the Nutcracker movement) Bb picc lick SLOWLY with a metronome (which, as Tom Nyfenger pointed out, could be a dwarf that lives in the Paris Metro) so we'll see how that works. Otherwise, am picking up stitches for the button band on the cardigan I'm working on and then, after sewing up the pockets I'll be done, done, Dr. done with that project! It's turning out quite nicely, happy to say, despite all the alterations I made to the pattern. Hope all's well by you.

* In case you missed the reference <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fran%C3%A7ois_Villon>. Who knew it was Villon?

No comments:

Post a Comment

The second day of Christmas

The Young People's Chorus of New York City singing the 12 days of Christmas, and Jingle Bells