Thursday, February 4, 2010

St. Germaine? and Why is Consciousness So Baffling?

I thought this painting was by an artist called St. Germaine but now I can't find it anywhere on the Met Museum site. That'll teach me not to make a note or photo of the wall caption.

Listened to another installment of Closer to Truth - this one about consciousness - he interviewed 6 people in 30 minutes, which, on a topic like this, was just too short with any one of them. I've finally found a way to pinpoint the interviews at least on this show - here are the links to the Why Is Consciousness So Baffling - in case you're curious, they're here http://www.closertotruth.com/search_results.php?search=baffling&x=0&y=0. I'm looking forward to listening to the longer on-line versions to see if they're any more satisfying than the short snippets they included in the broadcast show.

Heading off soon for an Alexander lesson - gotta finish the ribbing on a sock so I can start the second one not on the train. I'm scrambling to get the Sancan Sonatine back under my fingers since the flutist form NYC is coming back up this Sat. (at least she's planning to) for a lesson on it. May I always have such challenges for a day. And may you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The second day of Christmas

The Young People's Chorus of New York City singing the 12 days of Christmas, and Jingle Bells