Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Red diamond


Title a la Kandinsky. When I passed a house this AM (early - before
9!) that had simply painted over this detail, I realized what a
difference just a little bit o' paint can make. The thing I learned,
too, is that the sun really _isn't_ up so far in the sky @ that time
of day this time of year, so in addition to it being just a little
above freezing, it was kinda shady, too. I'd left early to get the
jump on some errands before the lines got too long & to cast my vote
for a potential new senator. We'll see who wins. I imagine it's going
to be our attorney general, who has the greatest name recognition, I
certainly hope it isn't the part-owner of the Boston Celtics who works
for Bain Capital. Snitch is settling in my lap & kneading my left arm
purring all the while, so I guess she things I'm going to be here for
awhile. On to practicing, vacuuming (yeah, I lied - I didn't get to it
yesterday - did get some laundry done). We're forecast to get that
miserable "wintery mix" tomorrow (something I always maintain should
be reserved for serving at holiday parties) starting as snow & then
turning to rain. Blech. At least I don't have to go anywhere & this
weekend is (so far) supposed to be cold but clear.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The second day of Christmas

The Young People's Chorus of New York City singing the 12 days of Christmas, and Jingle Bells