Thursday, December 24, 2009

Tired Rudolph


Of course the ground around him is snow-covered now (though not for long with temps above freezing forecast for the next few days & rain on Sat.) - and if he's so tired already . . . I dreamt last night that I was living in an old folks home & decided it wasn't a healthy place for me since everyone there was either slightly demented, ill or otherwise encumbered - though for some reason I could see no way out. Upon awakening I realized it's only 20 years until I'm 75 (I should live so long) and who knows what shape I'll be in then? Kinda bleak for a Christmas eve, but there you are. But, to quote my mantra, I won't live in Dread, it's a horrible place and I absolutely refuse to stay there. For today, I have a lovely cat sitting at my feet keeping me company, plan to head out soon to the Post Office & a morning constitutional (since it's finally warm enough - 31F - to contemplate doing that without freezing my tits off) and then on to whatever else the day (or my plans) has/have in store.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The second day of Christmas

The Young People's Chorus of New York City singing the 12 days of Christmas, and Jingle Bells