Wednesday, December 9, 2009


I imagine back in the day the subject line for this msg. might have been (mis)taken as a headline for some kind of fracas in the Soviet Union. I hope I haven't posted this picture before. Of course, those leaves are long gone (the photo is from 29.Oct.2009), and we're having the aforementioned wintry mix - right now it's just a little snow but with the flakes getting smaller & smaller which is a sure precursor to the switch to rain (according to my weather widget it's 36F out there now). Thank goodness I'm not a mail carrier today! The whole day to practice, vacuum (?), & stitch. I'm working my way though The Six Wives of Henry the VIII on Netflix (I remember them when they were first broadcast & I read a THICK bio on him as I lifeguarded that summer) as well as reading Wolf Hall, winner of this year's Booker Prize <http://www.themanbookerprize.com/>. It's a novel of the period seen through the eyes of Thomas Cromwell. I hope when I've finished both that I'll have a clearer of who exactly all the characters in this real-life drama were.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The second day of Christmas

The Young People's Chorus of New York City singing the 12 days of Christmas, and Jingle Bells