Tuesday, March 23, 2010

January dawn

11.Jan.2010. Good God, it's almost 10 & I'm still poking around on the computer. Rain, rain. rain. I might don my rain pants & head down to the local Tedeschi's for the Tues. papers, as is my wont. Like the Science section that the NY Times runs on Tues. Almost to the end of my Wisdom Yarn Poems pullover - might need another skein to finish the 2nd sleeve - but to I want to pay as much for the postage as I do for the yarn? The tricky licks in the Prokofiev Classical Symphony are coming easier (another year on, I should have them up to tempo. That'll teach me for not learning them when I was 16).

Beginning month two of Andy's unemployment. Fingers crossed that something he likes shows up soon. 44F with a "feels like" of 38F heading up, reports say, to a high of 49F. Rain forecast through tomorrow. Here's hoping it's not too heavy when I head out for lunch with friends @ Harvard. The Records Manager there (well, former) asked me if I'd be a reference for him in his job search. Spoke to someone on his behalf at a major governmental agency (to preserve privacy issues) in D.C. a week or so ago. Felt quite the important person (still don't know why he thought feedback from moi would help). Wonder if he'll have job new @ lunch tomorrow. Will be sorry to see him leave the Boston area. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The second day of Christmas

The Young People's Chorus of New York City singing the 12 days of Christmas, and Jingle Bells