Tuesday, March 16, 2010

New Year's Morn

This from back in the day when the sun & I arose around the same time. Now I'm unwilling to drag myself out of bed @ whatever ungodly hour dawn cracks.

Consider this the aged issue:

I wonder when someone will take a picture of moi. http://advancedstyle.blogspot.com/

Forgive me for assuming for the longest time that the author was female: Holding Fast - Letting Go Appreciating a Difficult Mother (makes me realize how good we had it) http://tinyurl.com/yaemwbh

This from the Social Qs column:

Drop the Handkerchief

I have been at several business meetings recently where men over 50 pulled out old-style cloth handkerchiefs and blew their noses. Everyone under 50 rolled their eyes. How do we get these guys to use small Kleenex packs instead?

Todd

Au contraire, my dear Todd! A neatly pressed handkerchief is the height of style — either in blinding white or a snazzy Liberty of London print.

The key is liberal laundering, which might make them more environmentally correct than those little Kleenex packs, too.

And thank you for including your e-mail address, so I can forward the three million messages we’ll receive in response to your suggestion that men over 50 are “old.”

Heading out soon for that delayed dexa scan http://www.osteopenia3.com/dexa-scans.html then to one of the local yarn shops that sells the wool wash Eucalan. Decided to stay home from the orchestra rehearsal once the governor declared a state of emergency due to all the rain. Have to go somewhere every day this week - tomorrow lunch with a friend, Thurs. Alexander lesson, Friday acupuncture & maybe the BSO for the Mendelssohn. Sat. the Red Line Yarn Crawl. I know - poor me. I'm getting a week T-pass since that gives you unlimited ridership for 7 days & if one is making more than 9 trips on the subway, it's cheaper than paying/ride.

Guess what??!! The sun's shining. Supposed to get up to 50F today - 41F with a feels like of 33F. Won't know what do to with all the sun. Where are my shades?

No comments:

Post a Comment

The second day of Christmas

The Young People's Chorus of New York City singing the 12 days of Christmas, and Jingle Bells