Monday, March 29, 2010

Through a glass darkly

This from 24.Jan.2010. I didn't see the screen interference until I edited this photo just now. Call the effect artistic.

Rainy, blustery day so I guess no toddle for moi today (makes me feel all cozy & comfy hearing the bluster of the wind & not having to go outside in it!). Heading out later for a Melrose rehearsal unless it gets called due to flooding.

The concert last night was OK - though I had no idea I was going to be called not only to turn pages (gulp) but to act as recording technician (though that only entailed turning the recording device on & off for the 1st half - Andy did the honors for the second - when moi was involved with said turning of pages - happy to report no major disasters) and sommelier (look it up). The program was Arriaga (early Romantic/late classical composer who died @ age 20 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Juan_Crisóstomo_Arriaga), Shostakovich 11th string quartet, and Schumann Piano Quartet in Eb Major, op.47.

Read recently about the Violet Quill & thought I'd pass along a link for your enjoyment & edification. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Violet_Quill

Best I go tootle.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The second day of Christmas

The Young People's Chorus of New York City singing the 12 days of Christmas, and Jingle Bells